The Queen Anne’s County Commissioners are actively seeking individuals to fill vacancies on several Boards and Commissions. The deadline for applications is January 31, 2024. The following boards and commissions have vacancies:
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Historic Stevensville Arts & Entertainment Advisory Board
- Kent Narrows Development Foundation
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee will advise and make recommendations to the County on bicycle and pedestrian access issues, act as a liaison between the public and the county and will independently and with County staff, identify, evaluate and seek out all grants and other financial programs available for the development and maintenance of bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
The Historic Stevensville Arts & Entertainment Advisory Board was created to develop, promote, and support diverse artistic and cultural centers that preserve a sense of place, provide unique local experiences, attract tourism, and spur economic revitalization and neighborhood pride. Strategies supported by the A&E District program include:
- Creating an accessible, unique arts destination;
- Leveraging the unique Stevensville identity, natural resources, and heritage;
- Facilitating opportunities for dynamic arts experiences that actively engage community members and attract visitors;
- Enabling artists of all disciplines to live, work, and prosper;
- Create an economically prosperous future; and
- Investing in the power of place. The A & E District helps further the county’s goals of reinvesting in existing communities and creating places that help people, businesses, the economy, and the environment thrive.
The Kent Narrows Development Foundation, Inc. facilitates the revitalization of the Kent Narrows, and work in cooperation with the Queen Anne’s County Commissioners and other governing bodies to establish objectives and guidelines for development and redevelopment of the Kent Narrows. Meetings are held the 4th Tuesday of the month at 9:00 AM.
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board advises the Department of Parks and Recreation and the County Commissioners on all questions of general policy relating to parks and public recreation in the County. Meetings dates and times can be found on www.qac.org
For individuals interested in serving, the application process is accessible online at https://onboard.qac.org/. Alternatively, applicants may navigate to the official county website at qac.org and search for the specific Board or Commission to find the relevant application page.
To be considered for the vacancies, interested candidates are requested to submit their resume and a detailed letter of interest through the online application software.