UM Shore Regional Health (UM SRH) recently hosted a community presentation at UM Shore Medical Center at Easton on orthopedic and rehabilitative services offered at The Orthopedic Center (TOC). Providers from TOC, a partner of UM SRH, presented information on surgery, pain relief, prehabilitation, and rehabilitation services, as follows:
- Jason Jancosko, DO, and Kevin McCoy, MD, spoke about the latest surgical techniques for shoulder and hip surgeries.
- Myron Szczukowski, MD, described a new innovative cold therapy (cryoneurolysis) that can relieve about 50% of patient knee pain.
- Sheila Taylor, DO, explained additional non-surgical pain relief options including shock wave therapy, platelet rich plasma, and ultrasound guided needling techniques for tendon pain relief.
- Jennifer Baima, MD, addressed prehabilitation strategies, such as specific exercise programs, prior to surgeries, radiation therapy and other procedures.
- Chris Jobeck, PT at Shore Rehabilitation as Easton, provided videos of the Rehab Center’s state-of-the art equipment, including the Guldman Lift and Lokomat.
“The event was an excellent forum to discuss everything The Orthopedic Center and our Shore Rehab team have to offer patients undergoing orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation,” said event organizer Khalid Kurtom, MD, FACS, Regional Chair, Department of Surgery, and Medical Director, UM Shore Medical Group – Neurosurgery. “These teams work closely together to give our patients state of the art orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation care that promotes the experience and outcomes possible. We are fortunate to have their expertise here on the Shore.”
For more information about TOC, visit theorthopediccenter.net or call 410-820-8226.
CUTLINE: Shown with Dr. Kurtom (back row, third from left) are members of UM SRH’s Orthopedic Center and Shore Rehabilitation at Easton teams. (Kurtom dinner 2023.jpeg)